IT Support Specialist – STOUGHTON, MA
Provide level I/II helpdesk support for end users. Support includes hardware, software and network troubleshooting, configuration and resolution. The candidate needs to understand and be able to solve a wide array of problems with many types of hardware and software. Candidate needs to be highly self-motivated and directed.
Provide general file/print/email server administration, including user account maintenance, file share access control, network print servers and mailbox creation.
Salary for this position will be commensurate with experience.
- Provide desktop, laptop and smartphone support to end users on a variety of issues. Identify, research, and resolve technical problems. Respond to help tickets, telephone calls, IM and email requests for technical support. Track and monitor problems to ensure a timely resolution.
- Assist with training on specific applications.
- Assist with the deployment, maintenance, support and upgrade of desktop PC, hardware, software, operating systems and printers.
- Must be able to install and configure hardware and software on PC clients
- Must have proficiency with Windows XP/7/8 and Windows NTFS file security
- Experience in configuring and troubleshooting network related concepts such as DNS, DHCP, VPN, VLAN, WIFI, switches, routing and physical cabling
- Must be familiar with setting up and troubleshooting printers, copiers, scanners and smart phones.
- Experience with Windows 2012/2008 servers
- Be able to assist Corporate IT in resolving level 2/3 severity issues
- Create/delete/maintain Active Directory user accounts and security groups
- Knowledge of Outlook/Exchange, including mailbox creation and client configuration/troubleshooting
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a network admin, system admin or helpdesk role
- Proficiency with Windows XP/7/8, PC hardware, network switches/routers
- Knowledge of network infrastructure and networking protocols, including TCP/IP, SMTP, DHCP, DNS, IPSec and SSL.
- Experience maintaining vlans and firewall policies.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office (2007-2013)
- Knowledge of business operations and ERP systems, preferably SAP.
- General knowledge of VoIP.
- Knowledge of Dell Kace support system.
- Basic knowledge of VMware and/or virtualization concepts.
- Knowledge of Symantec Endpoint Protection.
- Experience working in and supporting a manufacturing environment.
- Microsoft MCSA
- MCP, Network+ and/or A+
About Systemize Networks:
A full service IT company consistently delivering high-quality exceptional services committed to being the best by offering an elite level of professionalism from each of our team members. Our three-step process gains critical insight leading to clearly defined capabilities and functions required to integrate implement and support our clients.